How does it work?
What is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is simply a state of focused attention. In this relaxed state, your mind is more responsive to suggestion.
In the therapeutic setting, suggestions are designed to be beneficial to help you change unhelpful thought patterns.
Actually, we all experience the Hypnotic state in our everyday lives. Have you ever driven home and not remembered anything about the journey, or been engrossed in a book and not been conscious of time passing?
If so, you’ve been in a state of focused attention, not unlike the feeling of being Hypnotised. During Hypnosis you will be guided into a similar state so that beneficial suggestion can be directed towards your subconscious mind.
Clients often comment about how “ordinary” Hypnosis feels – it’s not unlike daydreaming – you can often hear everything that is being said whilst in a deeply relaxed state. In fact, you could think of it as guided daydreaming.
Is it like on the TV?
Contrary to the image portrayed in films, books and the media, Hypnosis does not involve the therapist taking control of your mind – no one can Hypnotise you against your will.
Nobody can make you do anything you do not want to – your subconscious mind will simply reject any suggestion that is inappropriate for you.
(Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy)
The Alchemy Hypnotherapy Toolkit Techniques
* Neuroscience: understanding how our minds work to get the best deal out of life
* Neuroplasticity: how we can change the physical structures of our brain, not just our feelings and emotions
* Psychoneuroimmunology: how our emotions, thoughts and feelings affect our health either positively or negatively
* Medical Hypnotherapy: supporting clinical / hospital issues
* Clinical, Solution Focused Mindfulness: adopting acceptance-based strategies to issues
* Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP): The way we communicate with ourselves Neuroscience (understanding how our minds work to get the best deal out of life as well as modelling and changing patterns of mental and emotional behaviour)
* Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): a talking therapy that helps to manage problems by changing the way we think and behave
* Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT): enables us to speed up the recovery process
Natural Brain Chemistry Creating Positive Change!
What is Trance?
Trance is a natural human state of mind. It can help us to focus, gain control and find solutions in our everyday lives.
During advanced medical hypnotherapeutic trance, we will invite you to enter the “Virtual Rehearsal Room” in your subconscious mind.
We will nurture your journey to this safe mental space where you can create and experiment with how you want your future to be.
When we produce an overload of stress hormones in the brain, destructive chemicals such as Cortisol and Adrenalin, our mind tips us out of balance.
We’ll help you to lower that dose and create a new natural prescription for yourself. This ensures that the change you enjoy will be durable.
We will facilitate your healing process, lighting the way for you to move forward.
You will learn and enjoy self-hypnosis techniques that promote self-control, helping you to make the right decisions.
It’s about awakening yourself and becoming your own Alchemist. It is very self-empowering.
We’ll show you how to do it, but know that it is your brain that will choose to select what information it wants, what resonates, to take down into that library in your subconscious.
Here, it can take out any books that contain Stress, Anxiety or Depression.
You can take out those books that contain fear, frustration or anger, or indeed any other negative thoughts or patterns of behaviours that aren’t serving you anymore.
Now, in this safe place, the exciting work begins as you swap them with books full of positive thoughts, positive actions and positive interactions.
These flood your brain with the health-promoting “Happy Reward Chemicals”.
* Serotonin: Happiness
* Dopamine: the anticipation of Happiness
* Endorphins: that feeling of calmness and euphoria at the same time
* Oxytocin: that bonding factor with yourself and others
When these are in flow, you have more ability to access
* Noradrenaline: this helps you to cope with stress. It is a counterbalance Adrenaline, it comes at a time of stress, but it needs the others to be in flow to have maximum effect.
All this is happening with the specially-composed trance-inducing music, the words we use and the forward-thinking positive images that you visualise.